Historic Fort Seward barracksAdd to Cart Add to Lightbox Download
This building, one of the historic buildings of the former U.S. Army facility, Fort William H. Seward in Haines, Alaska was used as a barracks. A twin barracks building located next door was destroyed in a fire in 1981. Fort Seward, located on the Lynn Canal in southeast Alaska, was the last of a series of eleven military posts established during Alaska's gold rush between 1897 and 1904. It's purpose was to preserve law and order among gold prospectors and to provide a military presence in Alaska during boundary disputes with Canada.
- Historic Fort Seward barracks.jpg
- © John L. Dengler
- Image Size
- 8256x4730 / 18.0MB
- Contained in galleries
- Haines, Alaska